Greek Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» G2662 «
Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) to tread down, trample under foot, to trample on
2) metaph. to treat with rudeness and insult
2a) to spurn, treat with insulting neglect
Thayer's (New Testament Greek-English Lexicon)
; to trample down
; figuratively to reject
with disdain:trample, tread (down, underfoot).
Strong's (Greek Dictionary of the New Testament)
- katapateō; from 2596 and 3961; to tread down:
- NASB - stepping(1), trample...under(1), trampled under foot(3).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - tread underfoot 2, trample 1, tread down 1, tread 1; 5
- Luke 8:5.
- Matthew 5:13. Hebrews 10:29.
- Matthew 7:6.
- Luke 12:1.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)