Hebrew Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» H6085 «
Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
Ephron = "fawn-like"
n pr m
1) a Hittite, son of Zohar and the one from whom Abraham bought the
field and cave of Machpelah
n pr loc
2) a city on the borders of Benjamin
3) a mountain on the northern border of Judah
Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
From the same as H6081
; fawn like
, the name of a Canaanite and of two places in Palestine:Ephron, Ephrain [from the margin].
Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
- Ephron (780b); from the same as 6082; a Hittite, also a mountain and a place in Isr.:
- NASB - Ephron(13), Ephron's(1).
- [also] עֹפֶרֶת
- ophereth; see 5777.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)