Hebrew Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» H6271 «
Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
Athaliah = "afflicted of the Lord"
n pr m
1) son of Jeroham of the tribe of Benjamin
2) father of Jeshaiah of the sons of Elam who was one of the heads of
a family who returned with Ezra from exile
n pr f
3) the daughter of Ahab and Jezebel and the wife of king Jehoram of
Judah; killer of all the members of the royal family of Judah with
the exception of one baby named Joash who was hidden by the high
priest Jehoiada until 6 years had passed and Jehoiada led the
revolution to put him on the throne, overthrowing Athaliah and
putting her to death
Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
From the same as H6270
; Jah has constrained
, the name of an Israelitess and two Israelites:Athaliah.
Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
- Athalyah or
- [or] עַתְלָ֑י
- Athlay (800d); from an unused word; daughter of Ahab, also three Isr.:
- NASB - Athaliah(17), Athlai(1).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - Athaliah 17; 17
- 2 Kings 8:26; 11:1, 2, 3, 13, 14, 20. 1 Chronicles 8:26. 2 Chronicles 22:2, 10, 11, 12; 23:12, 13, 21; 24:7. Ezra 8:7.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)