Hebrew Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» H8096 «
Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
Shimei or Shimhi or Shimi or Shimea = "renowned"
1) a Benjamite, son of Gera of the house of Saul in the time of David
2) a Benjamite, son of Elah and commissariat officer in the time of
3) the Ramathite in charge of the vineyards of David
4) son of Gershon and grandson of Levi
5) a Levite, son of Jeduthun and chief of the 10th division of
singers in the time of David
6) a Levite of the sons of Heman who took part in the purification of
the temple in the time of king Hezekiah of Judah
7) a Levite, brother of Cononiah in charge of receiving the tithes
and offerings in the reign of king Hezekiah of Judah
8) a Levite who had a foreign wife in the time of Ezra
9) a Judaite, son of Pedaiah and brother of Zerubbabel
10) a Simeonite, son of Zacchur
11) a Reubenite, son of Gog and father of Micah
12) one of the sons of Hashum who had a foreign wife in the time of Ezra
13) one of the sons of Bani who had a foreign wife in the time of Ezra
14) a Benjamite, son of Kish, father of Jair, and grandfather of
Mordecai in the time of Esther
15) a Levite, son of Jahath, grandson of Gershon, and great grandson
16) Benjamite, father of Adaiah, Beraiah, and Shimrath. Spelled 'Shimhi'
Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
, the name of twenty Israelites:Shimeah [from the margin], Shimei, Shimhi, Shimi.
Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
- Shimi (1035c); from 8085; the name of a number of Isr.:
- NASB - Shimei(44).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - Shimei 41, Shimhi 1, Shimi 1; 43
- Numbers 3:18. 2 Samuel 16:5, 7, 13; 19:16, 18, 21, 23. 1 Kings 1:8; 2:8, 36, 38, 38, 39, 39, 40, 40, 41, 42, 44; 4:18. 1 Chronicles 3:19; 4:26, 27; 5:4; 6:17, 29, 42; 23:7, 9, 10, 10; 25:17; 27:27. 2 Chronicles 29:14; 31:12, 13. Ezra 10:23, 33, 38. Esther 2:5.
- 1 Chronicles 8:21.
- Exodus 6:17.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)